How can I boost my immune system immediately?
- Stay up-to-date on recommended vaccines. A strong immune system means taking advantage of the best leg up we have to protect ourselves from harmful illnesses: vaccines.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Minimize stress.
What boosts the immune system the most? Vitamin C is one of the biggest immune system boosters of all. In fact, a lack of vitamin C can even make you more prone to getting sick. Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, grapefruits, tangerines, strawberries, bell peppers, spinach, kale and broccoli.
What foods weakens the immune system?
- Added sugar. There’s no doubt that limiting how much added sugar you consume promotes your overall health and immune function.
- Salty foods.
- Foods high in omega-6 fats.
- Fried foods.
- Processed and charred meats.
- Fast food.
- Foods that contain certain additives.
- Highly refined carbs.
How can I boost my immune system in 24 hours? Zinc, selenium and vitamin D are known for boosting the immune system. Specifically, a 2013 review of 17 studies found that taking zinc supplements within 24 hours of the onset of symptoms reduces the duration of common cold symptoms. Tip to remember: Supplements are beneficial in moderation.