What are the 10 signs of high blood sugar?
Early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Frequent urination. When your blood sugar is high, your kidneys expel the excess blood sugar, causing you to urinate more frequently.
- Increased thirst.
- Blurred vision.
- Increased hunger.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Slow healing cuts and wounds.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet.
What are the main causes of high blood sugar?
- Skip or forget your insulin or oral glucose-lowering medicine.
- Eat too many grams of carbohydrates for the amount of insulin you took, or eat too many carbs in general.
- Have an infection.
- Are ill.
- Are under stress.
- Become inactive or exercise less than usual.
How do you bring blood sugar down quickly?
When your blood sugar level gets too high — known as hyperglycemia or high blood glucose — the quickest way to reduce it is to take fast-acting insulin. Exercising is another fast, effective way to lower blood sugar.
Eat a consistent diet
- whole grains.
- lean proteins.
How do I control high blood sugar?
Other tips include:
- Keep track of your blood sugar levels to see what makes them go up or down.
- Eat at regular times, and don’t skip meals.
- Choose foods lower in calories, saturated fat, trans fat, sugar, and salt.
- Track your food, drink, and physical activity.
- Drink water instead of juice or soda.