What can you not do with a kettlebell?
- Not mastering the hip hinge before the swing.
- Using the shoulders when swinging.
- Leaning too far backwards when swinging.
- Buying and using the wrong type of kettlebell.
- Cocking or bending the wrist.
- Winging the elbow in the racked position.
How can a kettlebell swing be performed incorrectly? If you’re new to the workout, you might first try swinging your way through it using only your arms. This is a common kettlebell mistake. It will put way too much strain on your upper body. “People tend to use only their upper body to generate power when it should be a total body movement.
How do I know if I’m doing kettlebell swings correctly?
Is it OK to do 100 kettlebell swings everyday? If you are not doing anything now, kettlebell swings will be a great start to many great healthy things. And 100 swings are very doable on a daily basis. Even if you are not fit enough to do the 100 swings daily yet, you can always start with 20, 30 40, or even 50 in the 1st week and build your way up to 100 swings.