What do you say to a depressed person? Remind them that asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness. Asking how their treatment is going can also encourage them to stick with their treatment plan. You may also tell them when you’ve noticed improvements. This can help validate it’s working, even if they don’t always feel like it is.
What to say to someone whos struggling to cope? Offering support
Let the person know you are there for them and they don’t have to deal with the situation on their own. Ask them what support they need from you. You can say, “I may not know how you feel, but I am here to support you.” You can also ask if they have spoken to anyone else about the situation.
What to message someone who is struggling?
- “I hope you feel your inner strength building day by day.”
- “This is tough, but you’re tougher.”
- “I’m proud of you for walking this road, for doing what’s right for you.”
- “You’re making a big change, and that’s a really big deal.”
What do you text someone that feels sad?
- 1 “I’m here if you need me.”
- 2 “Is there anything I can do to help?”
- 3 “We don’t have to talk about it, but I’m here if you change your mind.”
- 4 “Look at this picture I found!
- 5 “My favorite thing about you is”
- 6 “I thought you would think this is funny.”